It’s the age of DIY! Everywhere you look there are magazines, websites, blogs and TV shows dedicated to homeowners “doing it themselves”. Sometimes a DIY project is a good idea and a money saver. Sometimes, it’s not. You’ve already invested a lot of money in your home and want to be able to enjoy it, be comfortable in it and showcase it to its best potential. So, should you try and influence the feeling and comfort of your home with DIY home decoration?
First, rid yourself of the idea that interior designers and decorators are only for those with giant houses and lots of disposable income. Actually, the smaller and more multi-purpose the space, the greater the necessity of good design to ensure efficiency and attractiveness. And, if you had an unlimited budget, you could realistically make all the trendy, style changes and mistakes you want! The reality is that choosing the right design professional, one who is trained to understand your needs, desires and budget, will save you a great deal of time, money and headaches!
1) A designer is an experienced professional with a trained eye that can automatically tell you what is wrong or right with a space. Having that immediate consult is a major advantage when making aesthetic decisions.
2) Hiring a design professional can help avoid costly mistakes, saving you money while increasing the value of your home.
3) Ordering and coordinating any home project is a big key to success. Designers can give you a clear, concise assessment of the situation and a solid plan of action to follow.
4) Want to save money? Design professionals can help you determine what things are worth keeping or repurposing and what to let go of. As well, designers can seamlessly integrate your treasured possessions into the overall design scheme.
5) A designer is trained to see and notice things about your environment that you may not. Recognizing and properly managing structural, electrical, lighting and furnishing issues keep a project on budget and on time – a big money saver!
you are a professional project manager, having a design professional manage
time schedules, architects and contractors can head off design problems,
scheduling issues, cost overruns and miscommunications.
A designer can keep you on budget and save
you time and effort by using tried and true resources for everything related to
your home. A designer will also save you
endless amounts of time researching products, brands and prices for you.
Get the “WOW” factor you’ve been looking for.
Design professionals can integrate trends, styles and colors and are trained to
think about the overall picture, which clients often cannot.
Worried about selling or house value?
Professional design adds to the aesthetic of your home, which in turn can
increase the home’s value. If you are
actively selling your home, a design professional can increase showings and
sales potential with staging.
Do you and your partner completely agree on style, space usage and
aesthetics? Didn’t think so! A design professional is adept at working
with everyone involved, combining styles, aesthetics and personalities so that
everyone is happy and comfortable in your home!
Whether you have no idea where or how to begin to decorate your home, or whether you have an idea but need help tying pieces together, or you simply haven’t the time to execute your style and desires due to your busy day to day schedule, professional designers and decorators are a smart and efficient investment for everyone, in every type of dwelling, living every lifestyle, and at every budget…